Thursday 8 March 2012

In Love

Serious question: can you be in love with music?

I don't know if it's wrong, if it's silly or just plain weird. But music, actual music (not much of what makes it's way on to the # 1 charts), does something to me. It brings a piece of my heart to life and leaves me feeling just as giddy as having the coolest guy laugh at my jokes.

Okay, maybe a better word would be in severe like of music, not in love. Music mesmerizes me; it pushes me out of the ordinary and into a place where the unseen and physical world seem to meld for just a moment. Maybe that's why I love it so much; it somehow gives voice to the unspeakable.

Maybe I am a little in severe like.

ash

PS Here's who I'm in severe like of at the current moment

1. Dry the River
2. Ben Howard
3. Mindy Gledhill
4. Bombay Bicycle Club (and Jack Steadman - he seriously is GENIUS)
5. Grizzly Bear
6. Beirut
7. Temper Trap
8. Good Old War
9. Spring Offensive
10. A Silent Film

... that's a good start for the most enjoyable week.

http://soundcloud.com/ashlee-aitken/favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment