Thursday 3 November 2011

2010 Thoughts

Why, oh why, are You ... do You love me like this? I suck, my life is full of wrong choices, hurtful decisions and shameful memories. For moments there are glimmers of hope, but I quickly dim them with an act of selfishness.


And this is how I come to You-destitute, stained, ashamed, frustrated and hopelessly sinful. But You with those eyes, those eyes that take a glance and see every piece of my past and present, come close and ask if You can wash me, cleanse me, renew this devastated heart. Lord, how I wish that I wouldn't make it necessary for this to happen again, but my El, how I love being loved by You-how my soul rejoices under Your healing and purifying touch.


Your love eternally binds me to You. Not what I have done for we both know how miserably I fail here, not by my faithfulness for my heart is often captivated by things far less beautiful, not in my strength for the longer I walk with You the weaker I find I am, but by Your love. You, my delightful King, my Teacher of unmatched faithfulness, my closest friend, my Listener as well as the loudest Truth Advocate I know, my Intimate Lover, my song, my heart's satisfaction and life's meaning, oh how precious we are to be loved by You.

No comments:

Post a Comment